Sunday 23 September 2012

Delicatessen..

Last Friday, my lecturer played a French movie named "Delicatessen" in the class. It is such a horror movie in my first thought because in the intro, there are a few scenes that showed how the people ate human flesh and I don't know why they want to eat human flesh!

After watching the movie, seriously, I have no idea what is the movie talking about. And many of my friends are very confused about it. So Hardip let us go back and do some research about this movie. After doing these research, I'm now 70 out of 100 percent knows what is the movie talking about.

First, the setting of this flim. It is set in an apartment building in a post-apocalyptic France of an ambiguous time period. It is a film that directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet and Marc Caro, starring Dominique Pinon and Marie-Laure Dougnac. Dominique Pinon as Louison and Marie-Laure Dougnac as Julie Clapet.

The things that I admired about Delicatessen is they don't revert to making it a horror comedy on gore and horror. It is not a film that's going to have many fans will drooling over it but it is a film that a lot of films that miss that point and Delicatessen get it right on so many levels. If you want to know more about this film, feel free to watch it and I'm sure that you won't regret! Click the trailer :- Delicatessen (1991) Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages